LASIK Surgery Near Cherry Hill, NJ – Great Vision Without Glasses in Just Minutes!
Dr. Tyson Offers The Most Advanced LASIK Surgery in the Area
Laser in-situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) is a corrective eye surgery procedure for people who are farsighted, nearsighted or have astigmatism.
So how exactly does it work? Via a reshaping of the cornea to facilitate the refraction of light as it hits the back of the eye. This enhances the focus of the retina.
Those who undergo the surgery will benefit from clearer vision.
A LASIK procedure can be performed in around 10-15 minutes and it’s totally painless.
Imagine achieving clearer vision and all the while not have to wear glasses or contact lenses? Remarkably eye stability is attained a few days removed from surgery.
Our Conveniently Located Eye Exam and LASIK Surgery Consultation Office
For the convenience of our Cherry Hill area eye care patients, we perform our eye exams, LASIK consultations and LASIK Surgery follow-up visits at our Cherry Hill eye care office.
Call to Speak with a
LASIK Expert today!
Take Our LASIK Self-Test
Schedule a Free LASIK Consultation
LASIK Surgery Related Links
LASIK Surgery Testimonial from another LASIK Surgeon
Even other LASIK Surgeons Go To SJ Eye Associates!
One week after my surgery my vision was 20/15 in both eyes! As a Wills Eye trained surgeon, I have watched many other surgeons but Dr. Tyson is one of the best surgeons by far. He also has a great bedside manner with his patients. I need perfect vision and that is what Dr. Tyson provided for me…
I would strongly recommend Dr. Tyson to anyone considering LASIK.
Brian Sucheski, MD. LASIK Surgeon at Wills Eye Hospital
You’re One Step Closer To Better Vision!
Call to See if LASIK is Right for You.
LASIK Surgery in Simple English – By Dr. Tyson – The leading LASIK Expert in the Cherry Hill Area.
Common LASIK Surgery Questions
Before undergoing an invasive procedure like this it’s common to be inquisitive. Let’s address some commonly asked questions:
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
- It can correct vision completely, where 96% of recipients reach their desired vision.
- Very little pain experienced, with no bandages or stitches required afterwards.
- Further corrective action is a possibility if your eyes change years after the event .
- Many patients no longer require glasses at all.
What Can I Expect During LASIK Surgery?
- A laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea.
- This is painlessly peeled back, reshaped and replaced.
- The patient is put under local anesthesia (eye drops).
- The operation takes from 10-15 minutes to complete.
What Are the Potential Side Effects of LASIK Eye Surgery?
- Some experience discomfort 24-48 hours after surgery, but this soon passes.
- In rare cases patients will experience glare, difficulty driving at night, fluctuating vision, halos around images and dry eyes.
Questions About The Cost of LASIK Surgery
- Is LASIK covered by my insurance?
- Is there financing available?
- How much does the surgery cost?
- Can I get an estimate for LASIK surgery?
Questions About The LASIK Procedure
- Does LASIK surgery hurt?
- How safe is LASIK surgery?
- Does LASIK Surgery improve vision?
- Are there any videos of the surgery?
Questions About Finding an Eye Doctor Who Does LASIK
- Who does LASIK surgery near me?
- Are there any LASIK surgery centers in my area?
- Who is the best LASIK surgeon in South Jersey?
- Cherry Hill LASIK Surgery: Which Doctor is best suited to your needs?
- How can I gauge the trustworthiness of my eye doctor?
Questions to ask yourself before selecting a LASIK center near Cherry Hill, NJ.
Considering the life changing impact of Cherry Hill LASIK Surgery, you’d be sensible to pose a few questions prior to the procedure:
Is LASIK Surgery Right for You?
LASIK Surgery is astounding, however that doesn’t mean to say it’s recommended for everybody.
There are a few considerations which will determine whether the procedure is right for you:
- Your eye health
- Your general health
- The stability of your vision
- Can you afford it?
- What are you expectations?
- Can you go weeks without contact lens prior to surgery?
The final three questions can be assessed independently, but the first three considerations will be evaluated by your eye doctor.
What Should I Expect After Surgery?
– Temporary eye dryness (attended to with eye drops)
– Rapid healing, but perhaps blurred vision for a day or so
– A revisit to the doctor 24-48 hours later for reevaluation
– Visits at regular intervals within the first six months of surgery
What Are the Long Term Results?
– There are numerous life-changing benefits which will ultimately improve your quality of life. Though results differ a vast majority will reach 20/20 vision or better (though some will only experience 20/40).
– Those who reach 20/20 vision will never have to wear glasses again. Others will have dramatically improved eyesight to the extent where only a weak prescription is required.
Learn More About LASIK Surgery – The Preparation
Your eye doctor will perform a thorough examination to determine whether your eyes are healthy enough to proceed. They’ll evaluate the tear film and curvature of the front surface of your eye.
Tests will include things like corneal mapping, eye pressure, pupil dilation, corneal thickness and more.
Having passed initial assessments, you’ll be introduced to your surgeon and given an opportunity to ask any lingering questions.
From here you can schedule an appointment for the procedure.
You’ll be instructed not to wear contact lens for up to three days prior, and to bring your prescription glasses to the procedure for review.
Besides your interactions with the doctor there are a few steps you can take to be ready on the day of your surgery:
– Eat a light meal and take your prescribed medications
– Avoid wearing eye makeup and hair accessories
– Ensure you’re feeling well on the day. If not you can always postpone your appointment.
Common Terms You Might Hear When Researching LASIK Surgery
These really aren’t terms you need to worry about – our Doctors will explain everything to you in easy to follow terms. Pellentesque non diam tortor. Vestibulum eu dolor justo. Donec ut ipsum ut magna vulputate sodales vitae vel metus. Mauris orci dolor, iaculis eget ipsum sed, convallis fermentum massa. Vestibulum sed augue nec nisl congue pretium.
ASLA (Advanced Surface Laser Ablation)
PRK (Photorefractive keratectomy)
LASIK – ‘laser in-situ keratomileusis’
Laser Eye Surgery Procedures Offered for Cherry Hill Patients
The predecessor to LASIK surgery and the first of its kind. PRK is commonly performed to this day, however it takes longer to recover from it.
It works similarly to LASIK, however the main difference is the first step of the procedure.
Rather than create a flap, a thin layer of the outer cornea is removed and discarded before being reshaped. The cornea then repairs itself in the aftermath of surgery.
Also referred to as ‘Bladeless LASIK’. Instead of relying on a blade to create a thin flap in the cornea, All-Laser LASIK uses a femtosecond laser to do this.The principles of this modern variation overlap with the IntraLase method:
IntraLase Blade-Free LASIK SURGERY
IntraLase is the first FDA approved, blade-less method of flap-making for laser eye surgery.
Introduced in 1999, the technique was later acquired by Advanced Medical Optics (AMO) in 2007. Today the approach is marketed as iLASIK, having been integrated with the CustomVue excimer laser platform.
Clinical studies have proven blade-free laser eye surgery provides a greater chance of achieving 20/20 vision or more.
By utilizing this laser doctors can create a unique flap based on what best suits the individual.
This technology has advanced significantly over the years, better catering to the corrective needs of millions of patients across the globe.
IDESIGN Wavescan Sytem
A system which leverages the first refractive studio topo-integrated with wavefront-guided technology.
This next-level treatment enables true personalization, improved workflow and expanded diagnostic capabilities.
With improved measuring comes improved treatment, where the entire optical pathway can be mapped with wavefront analysis.
What’s fascinating about this revolutionary approach is the how the entire surface of the cornea can be mapped with corneal topography.
Laser technology is evolving all the time, offering added peace of mind for patients across the globe.
© Eye Associates Surgi Center. All Rights Reserved. Medical Website Marketing by Market3, A NJ Marketing Firm
Section 1557 - Affordable Care Act
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider.
Veiw Our Areas Covered.
© Eye Associates SurgiCenter of Vineland, 2017 - 2019