• Leave your Soft Contact Lenses out of your eyes at least 3 days prior to surgery.
• Leave your Gas Permeable Contact Lenses out of your eyes at least one month prior to surgery.
• No makeup, eye liner or earrings
• No perfume, cologne or scented products of any kind (e.g. SCENTED shampoo, deodorant, lotion, hair spray)
• Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
• Must bring a designated driver
• Remember to bring payment in full (cash, cashier's check, money order or credit card) unless you are financing the procedure.
• Keep your eyes closed for 4 hours after surgery. A short nap is advised. No heavy reading or computer
work the first day. You may watch TV. Increase activity as your comfort and vision allows. Take your normal
over-the-counter pain medication if needed.
• You may experience some tearing, burning, stinging, light sensitivity, redness, and foreign body sensation.
If you notice increasing pain or a sudden decrease in vision, call us immediately at (856) 691-8188.
• If you have a Near Vision Restoration Inlay put in, minimize your use of reading glasses as much as possible during the healing process. This will allow the eye to adapt to your new inlay.
• Your vision will be foggy for the first day. This will gradually dissipate as your eye heals.
• Your vision may fluctuate for the first several weeks.
• You may experience halos and glare around lights at night for the first couple weeks.
• No eye makeup for 1 week. New mascara is recommended after this.
• Avoid getting soap or water in your eyes while showering.
• Wear your shields while sleeping or napping for the first few days.
• Do not rub your eyes for one week.
• No swimming or hot tubs for 2 weeks. No high-impact water sports for 3 months.
• You should protect your eyes from bright sun and wind for one month.